Headline news

An announcement regarding the forking of Magic Lantern, and the support that can be provided for these forks on this forum.

You can find our live webchat here: [email protected]

Author Topic: RAWMagic 1.0, a GUI CinemaDNG converter for Mac OS X!  (Read 86652 times)

convexferret

• Just arrived
RAWMagic 1.0, a GUI CinemaDNG converter for Mac OS X!
« Reply #550 on: April 04, 2014, 09:46:12 AM »
So I tried FCPX last night for the first time having read this. There were a couple of issues.

1. As mentioned the images come in at a default 10 second duration, but the default duration option seems to have been removed from the options

2. I selected all the images in a clip, hit Ctrl-D and 1 to set each to one frame. I then created a composite clip from all and dragged it to the timeline. It was exactly twice the expected runtime. Retiming to 200% gave me the correct frame rate but this seems like a lot of work if I have to repeat it for every clip.

Have I gone wrong somewhere?

dubzeebass

• Supporter
« Reply #551 on: April 04, 2014, 02:18:28 PM »
Guys these programs don't have full support for image sequences, they're not made for that. Make a prores from resolve or mlvrawviewer them import

budafilms

• Supporter
« Reply #552 on: April 05, 2014, 01:38:41 AM »
So I tried FCPX last night for the first time having read this. There were a couple of issues.

1. As mentioned the images come in at a default 10 second duration, but the default duration option seems to have been removed from the options

2. I selected all the images in a clip, hit Ctrl-D and 1 to set each to one frame. I then created a composite clip from all and dragged it to the timeline. It was exactly twice the expected runtime. Retiming to 200% gave me the correct frame rate but this seems like a lot of work if I have to repeat it for every clip.

Use Motion and create a plug in for Final Cut X. In youtube are a lot of explanation to do that.
I was interesting last year, but the color correction in final cut it's very limited. So, I decide use DaVinci and you can do a road trip to FCX and Resolve with xml!

reddeercity

• Senior
« Reply #553 on: April 05, 2014, 03:30:11 AM »

Make sure you setup your project with the right frame rate the cdng's default to 60 fps, I don't know why that is.
Set it to the camera frame rate , for me that's 23.976p and all I do is make a compound clip, set duration to "1" that it.
There should not be any retiming Needed if you have to, then you did something wrong.
It a fairly quick process unless you try to bring in 10,000 frames at a time.

lechatlisse

• Just arrived
« Reply #554 on: April 07, 2014, 09:01:40 PM »
I will gladly pay for a new RAWMagic with MLV support.
Would be an amazing tool.

Thomas, do you have a rough ETA?

Thanks!

psuarez

• Supporter
  • New to the forum
« Reply #555 on: April 08, 2014, 01:45:30 AM »
I think payment would be only fair.  I would jump all over it.  I'm using v1 almost on a daily basis. Bring it on. 

Toffifee

• Freshman
  • 5D Mark III Happy tester
« Reply #556 on: April 08, 2014, 08:01:22 AM »
I would gladly pay for RAWMagic with MLV, dual iso and proxy support!
At the moment it's kind of craziness when it comes to all the different ways of converting your footage.
Eventually somebody's going to have to come up and claim the throne.

N/A

• Senior
  • Dreaming in 14 bit
« Reply #558 on: April 08, 2014, 02:11:49 PM »
I'm pretty sure I've made it clear from the beginning that I planned to charge for my time. It sounds like ML users are generally okay with this, which is why I decided to proceed with MLV support. This will be an extremely useful tool and I expect it to dramatically boost the adoption of Magic Lantern, at least for professional use (which is the industry I'm in). If anyones takes issue with this, I'm open to discussion.
Can't speak for everyone, but I'm fine with a paid version of RawMagic. The only issue I had with the original was that I constantly got dead pixels in my cDNG's, even after other conversion programs were updated to fix this. As long as we get occasional updates when .MLV gets updated, I'm all for purchasing it. Would really love to have an all-in-one program for .MLV, Dual ISO and legacy .RAW. Thanks for the work, Thomas.
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4.
Videography, photography, audio recording and production.

Toffifee

• Freshman
« Reply #559 on: April 08, 2014, 06:50:17 PM »
Being able to preview the clips too, that would be fantastic!

llirik

• New to the forum
« Reply #560 on: April 16, 2014, 08:00:14 PM »
Just noticed an update to Rawmagic in the app store (and renamed to RAWMagic Lite)... so i guess this is good news that Thomas is moving forward with an updated version for MLV support?

Cuz if so.... AWESOME

psuarez

• Supporter
  • New to the forum
« Reply #561 on: April 16, 2014, 08:55:48 PM »
I hope so  too!!!!!

Toffifee

• Freshman
« Reply #562 on: April 16, 2014, 09:36:32 PM »
Would it be possible to update us on which features you plan to include with the new version of RawMagic, Thomas?

I'd absolutely pay a premium to have only one application for all my .MLV needs!

Midphase

« Reply #563 on: April 16, 2014, 09:51:15 PM »
Good things come to those who wait.  :D

courtesy