Nightly Builds - try the very latest stuff here

Started by a1ex, October 11, 2012, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wgreene

New to this forum and new to ML.  Made several attempts to install ML on my 50D-1.0.9 and keep getting a red error message at the bottom of the screen to restart my camera.  I assume by restart to power down and back up but I always end up with the same result.  ML install attempts made for most recent version and the previous version.  I'm surely missing something basic but don't know what it is.  Any advice appreciated.

duke_sweden

I just read in an admittedly old article on dpreview that you can't use a nightly build the first time you install ML. You have to use a stable build first, but I can't find any links to stable builds. Is this true? If so, where can I download a stable build of Magic Lantern?

_OLLE_

http://magiclantern.fm/downloads.html scroll down to Download Nightly Builds and follow the intstructions and you will be fine!

Walter Schulz

Quote from: duke_sweden on May 30, 2016, 06:28:57 AMI just read in an admittedly old article on dpreview that you can't use a nightly build the first time you install ML.
This was valid for 550D before 24/06/2015 and 600D before 22/04/2016. Most other cams made transition from two-stage install quite some time  ago.
Anything outside this forum and 4 weeks or older may be outdated. Or sooner. Dev team likes to keep regulars on their toes ...

a1ex

Next nightly will bring a few minor improvements, the most interesting ones being:

- temperature formulas updated (escho)
- after formatting the card and restoring ML, camera is now auto-restarted to reduce the chances of data loss
- fix for recording indicators above 2GB (5D3, 6D) - issue #2530

That's all I've been able to test for now, sorry about that.

Some nice works in progress:
- Support for BULB mode in full-res silent pictures (Greg)
- Support for BULB mode in Auto ETTR
- 1100D zoom button fix (not tested)
- Lua: only load scripts on request, with options for autoload, and ability to run very simple scripts without requiring a custom menu (dmilligan)

budafilms

Jockerl

How much work must be done to compile a new build for the 5D3 1.2.3 ?

Ottoga

Reboot after formatting worked fine on my 7D.
EOS 7D.203, EFS 55-250mm, EF 75-300 III, Tamron 16-300 DiII VC PZD Macro, SpeedLite 580EX II.

ourmark

Auto restarted my 550D fine.

Thanks for the update
Canon EOS 550D / EF 28mm f1.8 / EF-S 10-22mm f3.5-4.5 / EF 55-200mm f4.5-5.6 / EF 300mm f4 L IS

Intenditore

Sorry that's a bit off topic but...
On the downloads page I don't see stable release downloads. Nightly builds are going number one. Where to find stable build and what's the version?

Licaon_Kter

There is no stable any more, not in the last 3 or 4 years.

It's a rolling version, always use the latest nightly, always submit bugs (reproducing) using the latest nightly.

Not to mention, you get all the fun toys _now_ ;)

Canon EOS 50D

Hi all, I'm thinking about getting an EOS 70D, just wanted to know if there's a nightly of Magic Lantern for the 70D. I won't probably get it if I can't use ML onto it!  ;D I used Magic Lantern since 2013 on my 50D and really loved it. You guys are really great. Thumbs up for the devs. I heard that there's a pre-beta but fps override isn't working. I really used that alot and would like to see that working.
I dont know any code but i could help with bug reporting and testing Magic Lantern for the 70d.  :D
Anyways, thanks for all the time and effort you guys put into Magic Lantern: i know its a lot of work.   :D

Matthew

Audionut

Quote from: Canon EOS 50D on July 18, 2016, 06:57:20 PM
Hi all, I'm thinking about getting an EOS 70D, just wanted to know if there's a nightly of Magic Lantern for the 70D.

No.

motionSOUL

Hello,

I've just downloaded the last nightly build for my 5DMKIII - 1.1.3 firmware.
All MLV modules are loaded, but I don't seem to have all the options I see in the forum for the sound.
Here I just can select the sound recording frequency, the beep and the play volume.
How can I access to all the sound parameters as digital gain, input source, ...
I have made a search but can't find the answer.

Thanks for any help on this.

S/.

motionSOUL

Thanks for the answer and the search tutorial ;)
That was fast, I have missed that.

Miklas

Waiting for a newer nightly build for the 5D3 1.2.3. Still get occasional pink frames which I don't know how to easily fix. My 256GB and 128GB cards are slow as hell to start. Been using an SD for ML and CF for the data.

I'd love for a simple program that would batch ALL mlv files to DNG+WAV. Like, taking 1TB or a couple hundred clips and dump them into another 1TB of DNG's and WAV files, using standard C-LOG. MLRAWVIEWER is what I use and on El Capitan but it crashes a lot and cant add the directories without it crashing or idling. Only about 15 mlv at a time, as anything above that crashes.

If anyone has any suggestions, please say so. Thanks!

EDIT: another thing I miss is the option to have the stereo track feature one track with the inner microphone at AGC levels and the other track the shotgun mic connected externally. That way, one could have a backup track. I remember doing that with the external mic at different gains, so as to prevent distortion. Very useful and a way to disregard AGC completely. Sadly, the 5D3 ML nightly builds do not feature this anymore. It was really a great feature I'd love to have back. So much amplitudes in event videography... sudden screams and constant whispers.

a1ex

Next build will have some small updates:

- WB shift values back on the LiveView info bar
- 5D3: white level changed from 15000 to 16300 in LiveView, giving about 0.15 stops of extra highlight detail (details). I tried to fix the vertical stripes in camera, but that didn't work as expected, and noticed this one while I was at it.
- 700D: minor fixes
- Warnings for bad settings: notification options (andreasb242)
- Some backend updates (will ask for a few tests in another thread)

Also, mlv_dump got some nice updates covering bad pixels, vertical stripes and flat field correction.

markanini

Gear: Canon 600D & Magic Lantern Nightly.

marv

just downloaded the latest night for 6D ( Nightly.2016Sep10.6D116) why is raw_rec.mo missing in the modules? only the MLV raw is present.......is the MLV raw better in all aspects?  thanks, sorry new to ML

Licaon_Kter

Compile issue?

Building module raw_rec...
Updated HGVERSION
[ README   ]   module_strings.h
[ CC       ]   raw_rec.o
[ HGDIFF   ]   hgdiff.tmp
[ MODULE   ]   raw_rec.mo
[ STRIP    ]   raw_rec.mo
[ OBJCOPY  ]   raw_rec.mo
[ EXPORTS  ]   raw_rec.sym
00001984 raw_video_enabled
000019ac raw_movie_filename
[ DEPENDS  ]   raw_rec.dep
Will load on:
    6D.116
Will NOT load on:
    6D.113 (powersave_prohibit, powersave_permit)
Not checked (compile ML for these cameras first):
    1100D, 500D, 50D, 550D, 5D2, 5D3, 600D, 60D, 650D, 700D, 7D, EOSM
[ GCC      ]   raw2dng
[ GCC      ]   raw2dng
../lv_rec/raw2dng.c: In function 'find_and_fix_cold_pixels':
../lv_rec/raw2dng.c:1213:9: error: 'for' loop initial declarations are only allowed in C99 mode
../lv_rec/raw2dng.c:1213:9: note: use option -std=c99 or -std=gnu99 to compile your code
../lv_rec/raw2dng.c:1215:13: error: 'for' loop initial declarations are only allowed in C99 mode
../lv_rec/raw2dng.c:1233:5: error: 'for' loop initial declarations are only allowed in C99 mode
../lv_rec/raw2dng.c:1243:9: error: 'for' loop initial declarations are only allowed in C99 mode
../lv_rec/raw2dng.c:1245:13: error: 'for' loop initial declarations are only allowed in C99 mode
make[4]: *** [raw2dng] Error 1

a1ex

Should be fixed in next nightly.

Meanwhile, the fix revealed some warnings; who would like to help me clean them up?

rleonard4949