Flash Tweak for Canon 5dmkIII

Started by denishogan, August 18, 2016, 02:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

denishogan

HI,

I checked the features and noticed that the  5dmkii and III do not have flash tweaking

I did a search on this topic before I posted.

I wish to fire a non canon flash whilst in SILENT MODE and in Live View and on half shutter press.

Is this possible?

cheers
Denis

a1ex

I have no way to test it, but anyone who can compile ML may enable this feature (in features.h) and try it.

denishogan

Thanks Alex, I do not know how to compile  but if someone can compile and send me the update I can test it

my email is [email protected]

cheers
Denis

denishogan

Hi

I checked https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/downloads but cannot locate the latest version ie 5d3.123, which I am using.

The older version 5d3.113 is there though.

cheers
Denis

denishogan

Hi Alex,

You stated the following but I am not sure what to do to enable flash tweak. I am using version 5d3.123

I am willing to pay for some to compile it. I can be contacted on [email protected] or if you reply here, thank

Just advise the cost and how I install it.

cheers
Denis

---------- EXTRACT -----------------------
Re: Flash Tweak for Canon 5dmkIII
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 10:05:59 AM »
I have no way to test it, but anyone who can compile ML may enable this feature (in features.h) and try it.
---------------------------------------------

HI,

I checked the features and noticed that the  5dmkii and III do not have flash tweaking

I did a search on this topic before I posted.

I wish to fire a non canon flash whilst in SILENT MODE and in Live View and on half shutter press.

Is this possible?

cheers
Denis
====================

a1ex

Well, there are quite a few users who can compile ML, so I hope(d) one of them would help you.

It's a very simple change, no programming skills needed, so I'm going to let the ML community help with this one. That way, I can focus on the more difficult stuff, with fewer interruptions.

denishogan

Thank you very much A1ex. If it is compiled then I can test it and provide the results to the community .

Many of my recent  images have been stacked (EXTREME MACRO)  using silent mode, but I am keen to use the flash to get sharper /clearer images.

https://www.facebook.com/denis.hogan.5209

cheers
Denis