25/30fps HDMI Out on 5D Mark III

Started by MrMansion, July 25, 2016, 11:44:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMansion

First of all: Thank you so much for Magic Lantern in general! I'm using it on every shoot and specifically the raw-video is simply a joy. The way it improves the image quality/flexibility in post is amazing.
--
Recently I bought a BlackMagic Video Assist to use it both on my good ol' 5D Mark III and rental cameras.
Main perk is the ability to pull focus much easier than on the built-in screen of the 5D3 and reduce CPU-usage via external focus peaking. Also it's a bonus feature to be able to record DNxHD / ProRes 422 in cases where MLV raw is just not a viable option.
Unfortunately I've had to learn that the 5D3 only outputs an image via HDMI, if the camera is set to 23.976fps. For somebody who lives and works in a PAL region, this is rather unfortunate and makes it quite impossible to use this or any other external monitor/recorder for most projects.

Would it be possible for Magic Lantern to modify the camera to output 25fps via HDMI? I don't necessarily need the ability to record footage, simply being able to judge it on an external monitor would be great!