Canon 550D (T2i) - ML

Started by TK2290, July 06, 2016, 07:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TK2290

I shot this when I was in Jamaica, it's nothing fancy, just wanted to post and get some feedback on my grading.

Also: I wish there was some way I could record 60p with my camera and not get stretched footage after. Is there a way to fix that issue (it's not showed in this video and I'm too embarrassed to post those footage.)

Gear, settings & workflow:

Canon 550D (T2i)
Lens: 18-55mm
Stabiliser: Handheld

MLRaw
Resolution: 1152x432
Aspect ratio: 2.67.1
ISO:? (I never normally go above 1600 when I'm videoing)
Apature:? (I don't remember, but the kit lens cannot go below 3.5)

RawMagic: Convert Raw files to cDNG
Lightroom: Colour correct files and export as TIFF
Quicktime Pro7: Sequence import Tiff, export as Mov.
Premier Pro CS6: Edit Mov files

Feel free to leave feedbacks and/or message me, if you don't get me here, try IG: @theKRUDDY

Danne

I,d recommend work with MLVFS or MLP http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?board=54 to get around stretched footage.You can export to mov files in MLP or work with MLVFS based files straight in ACR/lightroom. Other NLE,s won,t respect the default scale tag which is the tag that "unstretches" your footage.

TK2290

Thank much Danne for this piece of information. You've just turned my camera into a whole new tools.

PabloW

Beautiful colors. But I think it's too stretched, maybe 1080p it's too much resolution for that footage? apart from that, it looks very pleasing.

TK2290

Thanks Pablo, I learned after that I couldn't push the 550d footage so far, you know the learning curve; thanks for the feedback man.