700D can't go into live view

Started by Kelvini, May 25, 2016, 08:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelvini

Hello, I was shooting with my 700D and it was fine. I was just playing with the features of ML and turned on Zebras and the camera begin to lag when recording. So I promptly turned it off at which point it froze so removed the battery.

Now when I try to use the camera it will take photo's fine but if I go to live view it will show me a bright red or white screen then crash. I've tried clearing the settings, reinstalling the firmware (1.1.4) and nothing works. Tried with a different lens, then no lens without help. It also crashes if I take a photo at 12800 ISO.

I've been using the camera for almost 1.5 years without a single hiccup.
The ML version was: Nightly.2016Feb28

At this point since I do video this camera is as good as the plastic its made out of. :(

Walter Schulz

Remove battery, remove card. Make sure battery is charged. Insert battery. Do *not* insert card.
Startup cam.
Set cam to factory defaults (don't forget C.Fn settings!).

Remove battery.
Insert battery.
Startup cam without card inserted. Try using Liveview.
Report results.

Kelvini

That's one of the things I did before, though I've found out its a hardware issue. I tapped the side of the camera with a decent amount of force and it fixed its self. So, I guess there's a connection issue or bad solder joint in the camera. :/ And its out of Warranty. Fantastic. I contacted a camera repair store to see if they can fix it though its probably not going to be worth the trouble on a 700D.