5D mk2 is not working without ML

Started by kikeris, May 25, 2016, 08:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kikeris

Hi everyone,
I have very strange problem after 5d mk2 is used without ML card. Here is the story: I have installed and used ML about a year without a problems, but once I noticed that if camera is used without ML it is not taking pictures or pictures raw and jpg are pink or corrupt (http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/38142092), tried many cards, removing battery, original firmware nothing helps. Anyone have ideas what causes camera correctly work only with ML installed?

Walter Schulz

Format card in cardreader.
Format card in cam.
Retry.
If it doesn't work restore camera defaults (including C.Fn settings) and retry. Report results.

Original firmware "reinstall" does pretty much nothing. It does *not* remove anything ML related and does *not* affect most camera settings.
AFAIK 5D2 is in risk if card handled improperly = not waiting for proper ML shutdown.

a1ex

So, if you start the camera with ML, you get normal pictures, and if you start with Canon firmware (from a formatted card), you get corrupted images?!

That's indeed strange. What happens if you hold SET at camera startup, with a ML card? (in this case, ML will load, but it will be inactive).

The photos in the above thread are unlikely to be yours (hint: 2011).

kikeris

Thanks guys, will try his later on, the link is just for reference cause I am getting exactly the same problems if camera is without ML or the CF card without ML is used.